Food bloggers have their favorite kitchen gadgets. You know they have ’em. Why? Because they work! A food blogger cooks, a food blogger eats, a food blogger’s workshop is their kitchen. None of them are going to skimp on the equipment they use. “The right tool for the right job” my father always said.
Just like all bloggers have favorite tools such as “power words,” food bloggers have favorite kitchen gadgets to create the end products they blog about!
What kitchen gadgets do food bloggers prefer?
Grab a cup of tea and read on, because I scoured the first page of Google for “food bloggers favorite kitchen gadgets” and built a list of the results. It’s a long list. My hypothesis was that each blogger would have a list borne of experience and wouldn’t recommend them if they weren’t invaluable. So, what did I find? Brands like Calphalon, Oxo, LeCreuset, and so many more… BUT the most important thing was this:
Food bloggers have a core set of favorite kitchen gadgets, and the overlap among bloggers caught my eye!
I studied my list and noticed that there were some items that showed up more often than others. It was clear that food bloggers have some absolute favorite gadgets AND tools, as this word cloud shows :
So let’s break down the commonalities and the reasons given for their use. The format here is the wordcloud term (in parentheses) followed by the rest of the item’s name after that
- (Cast Iron) Skillet: They’re solid, you can use them for so many things – searing, making awesome pancakes, cooking eggs, meat, vegetables, and baking. Some bloggers called it a “workhorse” that brings it!
- (Silicone) many items: Silicone kitchen tools included baking mats; food bags; handles on recommended tongs, lemon squeezers, and skillets; spatulas; jar scrapers, and more! Why use silicone in kitchen tools and utensils? According to Chin chin of delishably.com, here are some good reasons:
- silicone cooking utensils have high-heat resistance.
- silicone cooking utensils are stain-resistant
- silicone cooking utensils are rubber-like and user-friendly with non-stick surfaces.
- silicone cooking utensils are non-corrosive and hard-wearing
- (Stainless) many items: First of all, well… stainless! Who wants kitchen tools that rust? Beyond that obvious point, these tools made a strong showing among food bloggers’ favorite kitchen tools. For example:
- measuring cups
- fish turner spatula
- lemon squeezers
- wavy chopper knives
- kitchen appliance exteriors
- food scales
- What’s so special about stainless steel in the kitchen? According to Emma Christensen of thekitchn.com, stainless steel:
- Stainless steel is a metal alloy with about 10-11% chromium. When exposed to air, the chromium in the metal forms a film of chromium oxide over the surface. This film is passive and non-toxic, and most importantly, it prevents the steel from rusting by shielding it from air and moisture. Even if the metal gets scratched, the chromium oxide reforms seamlessly. It’s also non-reactive, unlike aluminum and iron, so we can use it for preparing and cooking acidic foods.
- (Oxo): Oxo isn’t a material, it’s a brand name, and obviously a favorite among food bloggers. Mentioned several times, food bloggers use Oxo items like:
- 3-in-1 avocado tool
- cookie scoop
- fish turner
- instant read thermometer
- wire whisk
- cutting board
- food scale
- (Vegetable): Why does the word vegetable show up prevalently? Because of slicers, spiralizers, and wavy chopper knives. You’ve seen those fancy vegetable displays and appetizer dishes, right? They don’t make themselves! Another example of the right tool for the right job.
- (Handle): What’s so special about a handle that makes it stand out in the food bloggers kitchen tools list? Well, just about every appliance or tool has a handle which is a key component of the tool itself. The ergonomics and form, fit, function of the kitchen tool is enhanced by a handle that fits well, is positioned well, and provides adequate grip. Most of the tools that food bloggers listed with the word ‘handle” mentioned features like
- easy grip
- silicone design for “hot handle” protection
Let me wrap up with (Spatula): Who knew a simple spatula would rise to the top of a word cloud? Well, it’s because food bloggers have a knack for handy gadgets that go above and beyond the basic. Spatulas listed include angled spatula, silicone spatula, heat resistant spatula, offset spatula.
Just like any craftsperson who spends a good deal of time in their workshop, studio, or nook doing what they love, a food blogger in the kitchen needs a good set of gadgets.
Problem Solved: If you’re ready to upgrade an item or two, or have a friend who’d be interested in doing so, here is my curated list of food bloggers favorite kitchen gadgets.
(Disclosure: this page contains affiliate links, which means if you buy from those links there is no extra cost to you, but I do get a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)... a food blogger in the kitchen needs a good set of gadgets. Here's a list of them that show up again and again! Click To Tweet
BONUS TIP: As a food blogger, you may also be interested in upping your game with some world-class knowledge about food. I refer you to my post on MasterClass offerings (see the “Food Bloggers” section). These are high-end and very affordable online classes produced by some of the great names in cooking.
Food Bloggers Favorite Kitchen Gadgets
>>> WORTH A LOOK <<<
In addition to this above collection on Food Bloggers favorite kitchen gadgets, I’ve been scouring popular products through the year. Here are ones that not only caught my eye as worth passing on to you but also received very high ratings and have great prices!
Here’s something that is cheap and beats a spatula, hands-down for chopping ground beef! High-temperature use and cleans up easy!
Don’t waste those avocados! Here’s a simple keeper you can use, cost-effective and easy!
When you need to mix something and you don’t want to do it by hand, and your big mixer is overkill, grab this little beauty!
Like the other silicone products mentioned earlier, this is a super way to make those holiday cupcakes!
If you use your tablet or cell phone to show you a recipe while cooking, you need this!
Have you seen air fryers? They’re pretty cool. Take a look at what this one can do for you!
Some recipes require the accuracy of a food scale. This one’s good quality at a bargain price!
Higher cost, but this does Sous Vide cooking very nicely!
So next time you’re getting ready to cook a great meal, whether you bought your ingredients at the local grocery store, had them delivered by someplace like FreshDirect, or through an amazing service like BlueApron or Plated, you’ll be glad you know what those in the know, know!
As you grow: If you love sharing your knowledge of food, once you know how to start a blog you might want to be a food blogger!!