Pinterest is a great neighborhood to play in, with tons of awesome graphics and links that take you off to sites full of information. Wait – everyone knows that video is hot these days, and YouTube is pretty much king when it comes to video. According to Forbes Magazine, “YouTube’s user-friendliness, combined with the soaring popularity of video content, has made it the second largest search engine behind Google.”
So you should know how to use Pinterest to drive traffic to your YouTube Channel!
ANSWER: Here’s my step-by-step YouTube Pinterest tutorial for promoting your YouTube videos on Pinterest:
But why put a YouTube video on Pinterest?
- If it’s your video, you can raise awareness of your website AND drive more YouTube views with Pinterest. Your video should have a well-populated Information section describing your site and pointing people to important links.
- If it’s someone else’s video, when the pin attracts people’s attention, it raises awareness of your Pins and Boards – and these can lead them to your website.
Things to know:
- What length videos are best for Pinterest? According to HootSuite, “Videos should be 30-60 seconds long” (on Pinterest those are considered long-form video, and that length is taking off)
- What are the requirements to Pin a video? You can find those requirements here
- Make sure you have an active YouTube Channel
- Brand your videos, because the video will play inside Pinterest. With no branding, you miss a chance to connect the brand and viewers
- Consider a separate Board for your YouTube videos to keep them from getting lost in the the “still image” Pins
So take advantage of promoting your YouTube videos on Pinterest. It’s another way to keep up with the fast paced world of digital marketing!
I’d so appreciate a Like or Share , because it helps me grow the site and stay connected to people who want to increase their digital marketing IQ!