Should you be promoting your YouTube videos on Pinterest? Well, consider this:
Pinterest is a great neighborhood to play in, with tons of awesome graphics and links that take you to sites full of information. Everyone knows that video is hot these days, and YouTube is king when it comes to video.
According to Forbes Magazine, “YouTube’s user-friendliness, combined with the soaring popularity of video content, has made it the second largest search engine behind Google.”
So after you’ve learned how to start a blog, you should set up a YouTube channel and begin posting videos related to your blog niche as well. Also, sign up for a Pinterest account and begin promoting your YouTube videos on Pinterest – and driving traffic to your YouTube Channel!
Because your YouTube Channel will have information in the Channel Description about your blog, you’ll get eys on that, too. Win-win-win.
So watch this to see how to promote your YouTube video on Pinterest:
Why should you be promoting your YouTube videos on Pinterest?
- It’s because your pins raise awareness about your video and website, and they drive more YouTube views. That’s a double-win! Your video description can also increase awareness by having a well-written Information section describing your site and pointing people to important links (like affiliate links and your blog.)
- If you have quality pins in your boards made by other Pinterest users, those pins will attract people to your Pins and Boards. This can, in turn, lead them back to your website and YouTube Channel.
Things to know about promoting your YouTube videos on Pinterest:
- What length videos are best for Pinterest? According to HootSuite, “Videos should be 30-60 seconds long” (on Pinterest those are considered long-form video, and that length is taking off)
- What are the requirements to Pin a video? You can find those requirements here
- Make sure you have an active YouTube Channel so when you promote your YouTube video, users land on a channel that has lots of content to keep them engaged
- Brand your videos, because the video will play inside Pinterest. With no branding, you miss a chance to connect the viewers with your brand/website
- Consider a separate Board for your YouTube videos to keep them from getting lost in the “still image” Pins
So take advantage of promoting your YouTube videos on Pinterest. It’s another way to keep up with the fast-paced world of digital marketing!
I’d so appreciate a Like or Share because it helps me grow the site and stay connected to people who want to increase their digital marketing IQ!
Also, take a moment to pin THIS post by clicking the image below – Thanks!!